Classic car insurance rates are lowered to reflect the restricted usage and increased care that collector cars typically receive. We carefully underwrite each account for acceptability into this preferred, low cost program.
- Each household member of driving age must have at least 10 years driving experience or be excluded.
- Each household member must have a regular use vehicle less than 15 years old that is insured with liability limits equal to or higher than the limits being applied for on the collectible vehicle.
- All licensed members of household and any other drivers of the vehicle must be listed on the application.
- Maximum of two accidents or violations in the household, maximum of one per licensed household member in past 3 years. No major violations permitted in past 5 years.
- A Driver Health Questionnaire must be completed for all drivers over 70 years old.
- Autos we insure must be stored in a locked permanent garaging facility when not in use.
- Autos we insure may not be used for commuting to or from work or school, used for business purposes or as a substitute for another auto.
- Autos we insure are not covered while on a racetrack or when being used for: racing, speed, driver education, or timed events.
Vehicle Condition and Valuation
- Must display pride of ownership: well maintained, in restored or well-preserved condition.
- Vehicles under restoration must be stored at residence or a restoration shop, with a target date for completion. Agreed value coverage is not available on cars under restoration. Eligibility subject to company review.
- Replica Vehicles and Pro Street vehicles are subject to company review.
To Apply for Coverage, Simply Provide the Following
- A completed and signed application.
- Recent color photos of each vehicle to be insured.
- A copy of your family auto insurance declaration page.
- Payment for the annual premium. Visa and MasterCard payments are acceptable with authorization form. (Payment by Credit Card is not available in NC.)
After we receive your submission, it is logged into a tracking system and reviewed for acceptability. You will receive a status (accept, decline, or more information is required) via fax or e-mail usually within 24 hours of receipt. (This does not include mail time.) Incomplete applications will be held pending information for 14 days. At that point we will close our file.