The Heacock Classic Car Insurance Program is designed with the collectible vehicle owner in mind. Our policy includes the following coverage’s:
- Liability Insurance – Various Limits (Greatly reduced rates)
- PIP (No-Fault) – Provided as required by state laws
- Medical Payments – Included in most states
- Uninsured Motorist – Various Limits
- Physical Damage
- Deductible Options available for some vehicles
- “Agreed Value” coverage provided unless stated otherwise. (Means we agreed to pay policy limit in the event of total loss.)
Additional Coverages included for No Charge:
- Towing and Labor – $75 Per Occurrence
- Spare parts coverage – $2,000
- Coverage for newly acquired vehicles – $50,000 up to 14 days.
Stability and Specialization
American Modern Insurance Group, based in Amelia, Ohio, underwrites the Heacock Classic collector car insurance program. American Modern is a subsidiary of Munich Re, one of the world’s largest insurance companies. Together, we insure over 40,000 collector car clients. Our underwriting and customer service units are dedicated to providing superior service to both you and your customers. We have been providing this coverage for more than 20 years and as auto enthusiasts ourselves, we have an intimate understanding of the collector car hobby.
Superior Claims Handling
While our customers have few claims, it can be a traumatic experience for collectible owners when something happens to their “baby”. Our trademarked slogan is “You Perfect It, We Protect It”. We live up to this pledge by offering the following benefits:
- Our claims staff has expertise in collectible vehicle claims settlements. From access to photos of all cars we insure, to knowledge that special cars need special attention, we strive to have the collectible car fixed right with original parts and materials whenever available, and as quickly as possible.
- We allow your customer to select the repair facility of their choice, provided the labor rate is comparable to other shops in the area.
- Each household member of driving age must have at least 10 years driving experience or be excluded.
- Each household member must have a regular use vehicle less than 15 years old that is insured with liability limits equal to or higher than the limits being applied for on the collectible vehicle.
- All licensed members of household and any other drivers of the vehicle must be listed on the application.
- Maximum of two accidents or violations in the household, maximum of one per licensed household member in past 3 years. No major violations permitted in past 5 years.
- A Driver Health Questionnaire must be completed for all drivers over 70 years old.
- Vehicle must be stored in a locked permanent garaging facility when not in use.
- Vehicle may not be used for commuting to or from work or school, as daily transportation, for business purposes or as a substitute for another vehicle.
- Vehicle is not covered while on a racetrack or when being used for: racing, speed, driver’s education, or timed events.
Vehicle Condition and Valuation:
- Must display pride of ownership: well maintained, in restored or well-preserved condition.
- Vehicles under restoration must be stored at residence or a restoration shop, with a target date for completion. Eligibility subject to company review.
- “T-Bucket” and Pro Street vehicles are subject to company review.
- Trucks and Jeeps must be over 25 years old, and not be used for towing, hauling, off-road or utility use.
- Please call prior to quoting the following: Minimum vehicle value: $3,500 (non-modified and modified). Vehicles worth over $100,000 or collections over $300,000.
- We generally do not require appraisals, but may ask for one if value exceeds $50,000.
Placing Business with Heacock Classic is Easy
To apply for coverage, simply complete the following:
- A completed application signed by the customer and producer. You can use the enclosed application, or the one provided on our web page.
- Recent color photos of all four sides of each vehicle to be insured. For modified vehicles, please provide a shot of the engine.
- A copy of the Declarations Page from the Named Insured’s Personal Automobile policy.
- Payment for the annual premium. Visa, American Express and MasterCard payments are acceptable with authorization form available on our website.
- Include applicable state or company required supplemental forms. (UM, PIP, Driver Exclusion, etc.) Most state specific forms are available in PDF Format on the agents page.
After we receive your submission, it is logged into a tracking system and reviewed for acceptability. You will receive a status (accept, decline, or more information is required) via phone, e-mail or fax usually within 24 hours of receipt. (This does not include mail time.) Incomplete applications will be held pending information for 14 days. At that point, we will return the application to your office.
AGENTS – Be sure to provide us with a completed Agency Profile and Producer Agreement with your submission (if not already on file). These can be found on the agent page of our website: www.heacockclassic.com or call and we can fax them to you.
Tips to Avoid Delays
You can avoid issuance delays by making sure ALL questions are answered on the application and enclosing the required photos. Other tips:
- Include exact odometer readings, not approximations.
- Include all drivers in the household, even if they do not usually drive the vehicle.
- Provide details on garaging, if garaged away from home (where, security, whether other people have access to the car).
- Make sure your agency phone and fax numbers are provided.
Brokering Agents have no binding authority. New submissions are bound effective the date when a complete, eligible submission is received and upon notification from Heacock Classic of the effective date and policy number. At your request, Heacock Classic can fax or e-mail a binder confirming coverage.
When Faxing Applications, Please Note:
- Coverage is not bound until we notify you in writing or by fax. We will notify you of the status of your submission upon receipt.
- We are prepared to receive e-mail and e-mail attachments, such as photos, applications, or state forms.
We accept endorsement changes provided vehicle additions include the photos required on new business. You can find a change request form at www.heacockclassic.com/agents
- Payment in full for the annual premium is required with the application for premiums less than $500. For premiums higher than $500, we can accept ¼ down payment. Please call for details.
- Renewal policies are direct-billed to the client.
- Payment by Visa, American Express or MasterCard is acceptable. Credit card authorization form is available on our web site.
New policies and renewals are mailed directly to the client with a copy to the agent. Billing statements are sent via U.S. mail under separate cover. All policies are direct billed to the customer.
This rating plan is designed for cars which are:
- Original or fully restored, and
- At least 25 years old
- Used primarily for shows, parades or club events (not more than 10 per year)
This program has our best rates. We offer this program with 1,000, 3,000 or 6,000 miles per year options.
This rating plan is designed for those cars which don’t qualify for the Collectors Program, such as:
- Modified Cars (ie: Street Rods, Custom Show Cars)
- Cars newer than 25 years old
- Kit Cars constructed from professional kits
- Exotic sports cars used as a collectible vehicle
- Weekend Cruisers
We offer this program with 1,000, 3,000 or 6,000 miles per year options.
This rating plan is designed for those cars between 25 years of age and newer. We offer this program with 1,000, 3,000 or 6,000 miles per year options.
This rating plan is used for cars less than 15 years old, which are part of a collection. We will consider stand-alone Exotic cars on a case-by-case basis. Please call to discuss. We offer this program with 1,000 or 3,000 miles per year.
We are not a market for:
- Low Riders, Street Machines with exotic sound systems, 4X4 Trucks, Dune Buggys. However, if these are part of a collection, please call.
We have excellent programs for:
- Museum Collections
- Race Cars
- Private Car Transporters
Please call us to discuss any these risks.